This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of LifeLock Linkedin. All opinions are 100% mine.
There are many ways to protect our identity that ranges from connecting with friends to banking.
LifeLock is today’s leader in the world of identity theft protection and information. What is LifeLock? According to the official web site, LifeLock is a proactive defense system that monitors your identity and alerts you of potential dangers. It offers top of the line identity theft protection via a suite of services backed by state-of-the-art technology. Moreover, it can provide useful information on all aspects of identity theft and threats.
Identity theft can occur when someone uses a person’s private information to commit fraud or other crimes. And identity theft causes money and time.
LifeLock provides alerts of potential threats–both credit and noncredit related and relentless identity monitoring for exposure of your personal information, among others.
Identity protection is really important:
• Households earning $100k + per year have the highest identity fraud rate at 7.4%
• The average cost per person of having identities stolen is $1,513
• 11.6 million adults were victims of identity fraud in 2011 and a total of $18 billion was lost.
And there is more. In case you use a smartphone or social media, these figures are interesting:
• 6.6% of victims are smartphone owners
• 6.8% of victims are social media users who click on the applications
• 8.2% of victims are social media users who have “checked in” using their smartphone GPS
• 10.1% of victims are LinkedIn users
Identity theft can happen and LifeLock’s services are important in protecting yourself and/or your family. Why LifeLock? Because LifeLock offers direct access to fraud resolution teams within their extensive network of lenders and service providers. Moreover, they provide expert thought leadership with internationally recognized experts in privacy and security technologies, fraud, and criminal methods, among others. LifeLock on Linkedin
What do you think about identity theft and LifeLock?